The enthusiastic response to our film,
"In Our Right Mind," has been immensely gratifying—affirming the power of narrative and the hunger in our communities for information around health and health disparities.
The current pandemic has brought home a sense of urgency on these issues. Going forward, our mission is to use the power of narrative and this film to educate and bring awareness to the issue of dementia in our communities.
Each week we will post links to the latest developments in research around Alzheimer’s and related Dementias, as well as ways to improve and preserve brain health.
• The Alzheimer’s Drug Aduhelm: It’s hard to know what to believe about this drug. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) says it will only pay for Aduhelm for people with early-stage AD who are in a CMS approved clinical trial. Check out this podcast which presents opposing viewpoints from two respected experts. It is worth listening to.
• Gov. Wolf has signed into law ACT 9 which goes into effect April 10th. Authored by Rep. Carrie Lewis DelRosso (R- Allegheny/Westmoreland) this legislation provides a tool kit for health care professionals focused on early Alzheimer’s diagnosis.
• Early menopause may Increase risk of dementia later in life, Science Daily, March 2,2022
• Exercise lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s, Science Daily, Feb. 28 2022
• Link between Myocardial Infarction and Congitive Decline, Medscape, Feb 18,2022
Hosted by Dr. Veirdre Jackson
The Flip Side of Adversity is Faith
(January 13, 2022 episode)
Guest: Renée Chenault Fattah
Wolf Administration Launches Pennsylvania’s Alzheimer’s State Plan Task Force
Renée Chenault Fattah will chair Pennsylvania’s Alzheimer’s State Plan Task Force.
Please visit: seniorlawcenter.org for more information on
resources and help for older Pennsylvanians.